Many leading operators have self-assessment tools to help players consider if they have developed excessive gambling behavior which could lead to gambling addiction.
Major online operators do not wish for their players to become problem gamblers. They value their customers and understand that they have a duty of care so their customers can enjoy betting in a safe place. As players, we can all sometimes bet too much so it’s important that we have have regular health checks on our gambling to ensure that we remain in control of our betting pass-time.
Having looked at some of the self – assessment tools that the leading operators have available, we put together eight questions which we should all as individuals take some time thinking about and answering truthfully.
1. Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
2. When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
3. Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
4. Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
5. Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies because of your gambling?
6. After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
7. Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
8. Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer ‘yes’ to these eight questions, the more likely you are to have a gambling problem or are developing one. Do not panic. By answering truthfully to the above, you have already taken the first step to help.
BetResponsible is an independent platform for informed views and promoting a message of sustainable and responsible play. # Comments Open for Discussion.